Diving in Malpelo Sanctuary
It is one of the most visited islands in the Colombian Pacific, every year scientists, and divers from all over the world come to it, and it is permanently monitored by personnel of the National Navy of Colombia, who watches over the conservation of the area avoiding illegal and indiscriminate fishing of sharks, among other species.
- Price: USD 5,430 per person.
- Maximum group of 12 persons.
- Duration: 10 nights, 11 days. (2 nights in Cali and 8 onboard the boat)
- Transfer in-out Cali.
- Accommodation 2 nights in Cali, double accommodation (includes breakfast).
- Transfer Cali- Buenaventura- Cali.
- Transfer Buenaventura-Malpelo-Buenaventura on the FEROX Boat.
- Life aboard 8 days 7 nights in single accommodation with air conditioning.
- Complete meals (breakfasts, lunch, and dinners).
- Snacks and snacks all the time.
- 6 days of diving. Nitrox.
- 17-day dives (3 per day and 2 the last day).
- Boat, tank, weights, and guide service for the dives.
- Local guides specialized in Malpelo, for all dives. From the Staff of the Ship and National Natural Parks of Colombia.
- Specialized diving insurance for the trip.
- Accompanying guide. Staff instructor.
- National entrance taxes to the SFF MALPELO.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Lunches or dinners during the stay in Cali. (But we recommend the best restaurants).
- Diving equipment.
- Equipment rental (Vest USD 15 per day, regulator USD 15 per day, fins and mask USD 15 per day, wetsuit USD 15 per day).
Day 1. Transfer in Cali. Hotel El Peñon. City Tour through Cali. Dinner in a recommended restaurant.
Day 2. Breakfast and free morning to finalize details. Lunch in a recommended restaurant.
2:00 p.m. departure for the port of Buenaventura. (2.5 hours)
7:30 pm. time to set sail.
The safety briefing, crew introduction, necessary dive paperwork, cabin assignment, and ship orientation will take place after leaving port.
Note: This is a sample itinerary and the number of dives, dive sites, etc. may be subject to change due to weather conditions and other unforeseen factors.
Day 3. Day of navigation. Relaxation and talks with the group.
Day 4 to 8. Diving in the Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary.
Day 9. Two dives before sailing back to Buenaventura.
Navigation back to Buenaventura around 30 hours.
Day 10. End of the trip. Transportation to Cali. Accommodation and rest.
Day 11. Transfer out Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Airport to your destination.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you plan to return home from your trip.
- It is your responsibility to review and comply with the vaccination requirements and visa / immigration requirements for the countries you are visiting.
- Diving accident insurance (which includes medical evacuation) is mandatory for all who dive: it is your responsibility to have adequate coverage and bring your certificate as proof.
- All dive passengers must provide their dive certification card and log book – you will not be able to dive unless you can demonstrate that you meet the minimum certification level of the boat.
- Dive computers are a must – bring your own or coordinate with us in advance to rent one.
- Remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to dive – some life cruises require that you present a medical certificate, often with a date of less than two years or less than a year, showing that you can dive safely.
- The itinerary and the number of dives are indicative and subject to weather conditions and may change in advance and during your trip, safety will always come first.
- Itinerary changes do not give you the right to cancel your trip.
- Supplements, government taxes, marine park fees, fuel surcharges, port fees, rental equipment and other improvements are subject to change at very short notice, due to local conditions, extreme weather, changes in government policy, operator decisions, oil prices, etc.
- Changes are out of Be Pacific’s control and you will have to pay any increases. We will endeavor to inform you of any changes as soon as possible. A change in these rates does not give you the right to cancel.
- We recommend that you purchase travel and trip cancellation insurance (to include storm coverage where applicable).
- Be sure to bring appropriate electrical adapters for the country or countries you are visiting.
- In the event of a rescheduled reservation or a new reservation to a new dive operator, payments made for the original reservation are non-refundable. Beyond that, cancellation terms apply.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the latest Covid-19 measures requested and / or required by authorities at your home location, at the locations you intend to travel to, and at the locations you will visit in transit. Be Pacific is not responsible for losses incurred due to your failure to comply with these measures.